Veterans Services Coordinator Maryville University
The Veterans Services Coordinator is the VA Certifying Official and the primary point of contact for Veteran and Active Duty students studying through Maryville University. The position functions within the Student Service Center which encompasses Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Cashier and the Office of the Registrar. The Veterans Services Coordinator will support the integrated functions of the Student Service Center as they relate to faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and the other members of the Student Service Center Team. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
- Primary contact for all Veterans and Active Duty Military students
- Certification of all Veterans students utilizing VA educational benefits through VA-Once and tracking their progression within Ellucian Colleague
- Educating Veterans and Active Duty Military students concerning the VA benefits to which they are entitled, educational and non-educational
- Facilitation of a Veteran/Military student community within the Salesforce CRM database
- Debt Management for students receiving VA benefits
- Recruitment and Supervision of VA work-study student(s)
Additional Job Functions:
- Assisting other Registrar Team members with their primary job functions at peak times, such as transfer articulation, registration, withdrawals, etc.
- Assist students from all populations via phone, e-mail, and live chat with inquires related to the areas of expertise housed within the Student Service Center
- Special Projects
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience as a VA Certifying Official
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Windows applications, file management, and Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in an open office atmosphere
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
- Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
- 2 or more years of experience in VA Services or military experience
- Knowledge of VA programs outside the Educational Benefit realm
- Experience with VA educational and benefits resources and systems
- Experience with Colleague/Ellucian and/or Salesforce
- High comfort level with technology and integrated system-process thinking
- Analytical and mathematical skills for reporting on student data and calculating student tuition and fees
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.