Vendor Relations Manager Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring a Vendor Relations Manager to be located at the Clayton, Missouri Corporate office.
The Vendor Relations Manager is accountable for all global activities associated with effectively building and maintaining external third party partner/vendor/outsourcing relationships. This role is responsible for establishing and monitoring the vendor Service Level Agreements (SLA) against contract terms for primary vendors and business partners. He/she may serve as the primary liaison between legal, project leads and other key stakeholders in the contract negotiation process. This role reports to the Director of IT Strategy and Business Operations.
In addition, the Vendor Relations Manager will work with the IT Leadership groups and participate in the development of strategic sourcing strategies and vendor relationship management strategies for all aspects of IT. This role will provide recommendations on in/out-sourcing decisions and selection of alternative vendors. As part of on-going responsibilities, this role will work to facilitate regular communication concerning projects to ensure key performance indicators are achieved and maintained.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Create sourcing strategy in line with key functional and business objectives
- Establish sourcing governance processes and standards, managed across the organization, to oversee IT purchasing and the process to assess new vendor technologies and offerings
- Oversee vendor selection strategy and plan
- Support RFP process with Procurement teams
Vendor Relationship Management
- Monitor and report on vendor performance and recommend actions as appropriate
- Monitor Service Level Agreement’s (SLAs) and vendor performance and negotiate support commitments as appropriate
- Stay abreast of new technologies; maintaining contact with current vendors
- Establishes and acts the point of contact for key vendors
- Provide functional direction to vendors and contract personnel as needed
- Negotiate and monitor the length and substance of contracts in partnership with Procurement teams
- Monitor contracts for to determine timing for renewal
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree* in Information Technology, Business Management (Accounting/Finance), Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in working with vendors in an IT environment including contract negotiation, vendor performance management, preparing and evaluating RFPs, relationship management and a strong understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience managing people and leading project teams within diverse areas of IT, including proven experience providing effective coaching, feedback and performance management
- Experience managing technology vendors including contractual performance
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed environment preferred
- Approximately 25% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization;
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- EEO – Support Olin’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- « Previous Job: Service Operations Manager
- » Next Job: Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) Manager