Universal Banker Midwest BankCentre
Reports to: BankCentre Management Team
Purpose of Job
Deliver Excellent Customer Experiences. Proactively and reactively help customers achieve greater financial success by identifying needs and offering financial solutions. Service customers effectively, professionally and efficiently.
IMPACT OF THE JOB
This position is critical in Attracting, Attaining, & Retaining customers as the GREATEST PLACE TO BANK. Customers are provided with an excellent experience by conversations and recommendations given their current and future financial needs and goals. Interactions are conducted effectively and efficiently thereby earning customers trust and confidence.
Direct impact on the bank’s ability to achieve financial goals. The position enables Midwest BankCentre to become the TOP PERFORMING COMMUNITY BANK by attracting, expanding, and retaining profitable customers. Acts as banks concierge who directs and generates referrals to other business lines. The position safeguards the bank from losses by executing transactions within compliance guidelines.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Core Sales per Day, Total Sales per Day, Referrals and Introductions to specialists and partners. Customer Satisfaction scores from Bank Center Leader observations/customer surveys. Transaction and balancing accuracy. Productivity will be measured by transactions per hour.
ROUTINE DECISIONS MADE
1. Listen, identify, define and analyze customers need. Recommend solutions by selecting the best products and services for customers based on needs, goals, market, and situation.
2. With each customer interaction determine best method to raise customer awareness of bank's products and services and how to provide introduction to specialist.
3. Determine when to refer customers to other specialist and best method for hand off.
4. Analyze personal abilities to provide challenging, attainable commitments to BankCentre Leader and identify opportunities for self-development.
5. Evaluate best way to handle customer’s transactional request within the bank’s policy and procedures.
6. Align behavior to customer’s expectations within guidelines of the Excellent Customer Experience.
7. Determine when to ask for support when meeting customer’s needs.
NATURE OF INTERNAL CONTACTS
BankCentre Manager and Assistant BankCentre Manager – direction, priorities, & personal development in executing responsibilities and tasks. Support to ensure the bank exceeds its sales, service and accuracy objectives through actively participating in all Personal Banker and Teller training, including Monday Morning Moving Forward Sessions, making and keeping sales commitments, and practicing sales and service skills.
Personal Bankers – partner with other personal bankers to meet all the customer’s financial needs by confidently and professionally by introducing customers.
Deposit Operations/Quality Assurance Specialist – provide timely processing of new account and account maintenance work, utilizing correct communication channels, ask the proper questions to increase accuracy, and professionally partner in error resolution.
Investment, Mortgage, and Cash Management – Support specialists in providing financial solutions to customers by providing complete, accurate qualified referrals and introductions.
NATURE OF EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Customers – provide customers with an excellent banking experience by meeting every financial need through their life cycle. Including meeting customer’s needs by providing introductions to all business lines based upon a verbal or non-verbal clue. Increase customer’s awareness of our products and services by using rapid awareness questions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, TIME SPENT – THIS POSITION REQUIRES A HIGH DEGREE OF FLEXIBILITY TO FUNCTION AS SERVICE ASSOCIATE OR PERSONAL BANKER BASED ON THE NEEDS OF THE BANKCENTRE
TASKS REQUIRED FOR EACH
1. Proactively and Reactively help customers in person or by phone to determine needs, goals, and situations and provide solutions to help customers achieve their definition of financial success while providing excellent customer experiences.
- Execute the “Excellent Customer Experience” based on situation on both inbound calls and in branch visits with customers
- Make outbound “Courtesy Calls” to customers at CD renewal, product or market opportunities, and follow-up on segmented direct mail efforts.
- Connect in-branch marketing efforts to customer needs and situations
- Provide Introductions to specialist based upon evaluation of customer’s financial needs
- Make external joint development calls with other BankCentre Team Members
- Maintain an effective tickler file and follow up system
- Follow up on all customer request by the end of the day
- Conduct service and maintenance requests effectively and efficiently within the bank compliance standards
- Maintain Current Service Distinction standards in accuracy and production performance.
- Open new deposit and loan accounts following current procedures and compliance.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge in order to explain the bank’s products and services
- Maintain and track sales and performance utilizing sales tracking system
- Conduct transactions effectively and efficiently within the bank compliance standards
- Maintain Current Service Distinction standards in the quality and quantity of transactions.
2. Service and maintain request & provide operational support to BankCentre
- Balance and maintain the ATM
- Process end of day work
- Process nightdrop bags
- As defined by Bankcentre Management Team
- Service customers daily as needed
3. Develop skills through training, practicing and research
- Develop Sales and Service Skills by practicing with BankCentre and Asst. BankCentre Manager, attending Monday Morning Moving Forward Sessions, acting upon coaching and continually increasing knowledge of how our products meet the financial needs of our customers
- Participate in yearly training for Banking Regulations
- Develop skills to meet or exceed Service Distinction Standards.
4. Maintain and balance cash drawer
- Maintain drawer within cash limits
- Balance cash drawer daily
- Investigate and report out of balance situations to supervisor for resolution
- Maintain Current Service Distinction standards in balancing rate and outage limits.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bank policies and procedures
- Service Associate operations
- Banking Products
- New account and Loan
- application and closing procedures
- Service Associate operations
- Cash handling
- Sales Skills
- Oral Communication skills
- Customer Sensitivity
- Personal Computer Aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Be able to function as either a Service Associate or Personal Banker
- Sales Aptitude
- Organize time and complete multiple tasks
- Work flexible hours
- Teamwork – work as part of a team
- Logical decisions with little supervision
Flexibility in working schedule and ability to change activities to meet goals
Likes to be of Service to others and has little tolerance for poor service
Relationship extrovert with natural smile who desires approval of customers
Persuasion assertiveness to ask for business, ask for help from others and get it
Self Esteem has the need to get better, self-confident want to be the best
Work Intensity Continuously productive and looks for things to achieve once primary objectives are accomplished
Compelled to resolve any type of customer complaint
Positively upbeat and cheerful for all customers
Projects a professional and confident image
Learner innovative and always have one more idea
Able to lift 25 lbs.
Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (fax, copier, telephone).
Able to accurately enter data on a PC/CRT.
Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language.
Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information.
Auditory ability to use a telephone.
FORMAL EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred and a minimum of two years bank customer contact or retail sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches
Willing and able to work required overtime
Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
- « Previous Job: Bilingual Consumer Care Associate
- » Next Job: