Transfer Articulation Specialist Maryville University
The Transfer Articulation Specialist’s primary job function is to enter the incoming transfer coursework for students transferring to Maryville University into our Student Information System, Ellucian Colleague. The Transfer Articulation Specialist will evaluate any coursework for which we do not have an established equivalent by coordinating with Maryville academic administrators. The position functions within the Student Service Center which encompasses Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Cashier and the Office of the Registrar. The Transfer Articulation Specialist will support the integrated functions of the Student Service Center as they relate to faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and the other members of the Student Service Center Team. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students
Primary Job Functions:
• Enter transfer coursework into Ellucian Colleague for incoming transfer students.
• Support the transfer articulation efforts of individuals throughout the institution performing the same task for select populations.
• Collaborate with academic administrators throughout the University to establish equivalent Maryville courses for transfer coursework.
• Maintain the Transfer Equivalency database.
• Assist with the maintenance and creation of the Class Schedule.
Additional Job Functions:
• Assisting other Registrar Team members with their primary job functions at peak times, such as registration, withdrawals, etc.
• Assist students from all populations via phone, e-mail, and live chat with inquiries related to the areas of expertise housed within the Student Service Center.
• Special Projects
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor degree or 2 years’ experience in the office of a Registrar in higher education
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Windows applications, file management, and Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
• Ability to multi-task prioritize, and work in an open office atmosphere
• Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• Strong attention to detail
• Previous experience with Transfer Articulation
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague / SIS systems
• Experience with Salesforce Communities / CRM systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.