System Diversity and Inclusion Officer SSM Health
Full Job Title: System Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Job Number: 16013098
Facility: SSM Health – System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Shift: Day Job
Date Posted: 9-10-2016
The System Diversity and Inclusion Officer will provide leadership and focus for diversity and inclusion initiatives and develop a structural framework for strategies across SSM Health in pursuit of organizational goals and objectives. This position will serve as a key advisor and member of the Human Resources executive leadership team, providing guidance to the SVP, HR, the CEO, and executive leaders on diversity and inclusion related topics, programs trends and issues.
• Play a key role in integrating and connecting efforts around diversity and inclusion across SSM Health that foster the exchange of diversity best practices.
• Prepare the annual affirmative action plan in compliance with regulations to which the SSM Health is subject as a Federal contractor.
• Develop and manage a measurement system that will serve as a meaningful benchmark for diversity and inclusion efforts, as well as affirmative action compliance. Such metrics will assess SSM Health's success in the recruitment and retention of diverse staff and the implementation of diversity best practices throughout the organization.
• Lead D&I representatives within regions and coordinate regional specific diversity and inclusion plans with a goal to implement programs and functions throughout the organization.
• Serve as a strategic liaison between the organization and external community organizations and business/agency leaders to develop partnerships between external constituencies and SSM Health.
• Meet frequently with regional business leaders to track their progress on diversity action plans. Grow and sustain relationships internally that support recruiting, retention and inclusion objectives.
• Work closely with talent acquisition team and partner resources to ensure the attraction and engagement of a talented and diverse workforce.
• Present regular updates to SVP, HR, CEO and Board of Directors on diversity program initiatives and progress.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Significant diversity and inclusion leadership experience in a large, complex health system or similarly progressive, high-performance organization.
• Experience leading a dialogue with multiple constituencies, building consensus around challenging topics and driving towards a unified vision.
• A track record in developing a comprehensive talent management program aligned with attracting and retaining a high quality, diverse workforce.
• Demonstrated experience in prioritization of projects, programs and activities using sound judgement while meeting organizational requirements and maintaining accountability.
• Experience engaging in change management efforts in a complex organization.
• A reputation for excellent listening, collaborating and team building.
• Master's Degree required.