Supply Chain Routing Analyst Dot Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Supply Chain Routing Analyst
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)
Location: Mt Sterling, IL
• Reports to Routing Manager.
• Executes work under direct supervision 25% of the time, works independently setting work schedule priorities 75% of the time.
• No direct supervision responsibility.
Responsible for routing customer and supplier orders, optimizing routes, minimizing costs, working directly with customers and suppliers on delivery schedules and maintaining a high on-time delivery percentage.
• Routes, schedules, and coordinates the planning of customer deliveries, supplier pickups and custom haul loads.
• Maintains service levels to customers and suppliers.
• Maintain productivity standards on DTI Key Performance Indicators (i.e. cube, routing efficiency including maximizing driver hours, on-time, etc.)
• Create loads that allow our driver supervisors to successfully plan company assets to achieve service levels and cost objectives.
• Will work with internal and external customers/suppliers to increase delivery and pickup flexibility.
• Will work with dispatch to alleviate any scheduling issues and understand where inefficiency occurs.
• A significant amount of time will be used to analyze routing sessions to determine inefficiency and cross-check for service level failures. Must be able to visualize and comprehend complicated problems, use logical thinking to collect and analyze data and then test solutions to formulate a plan.
• Teamwork and leadership internally in the dispatch department as well as other internal customers including other departments (Sales, Warehouse, Purchasing) as well as other DC teams.
• Leadership including providing support and ensuring compliance to direction from management
• Work to encourage and strengthen a work environment that is internal and external customer service oriented
• Other duties and project work as assigned
• Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
• Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
Working Conditions: Due to our internal customer deadlines, load routing will be done in the afternoon, evening and possibly late at night. Each day will have a different schedule with some late nights and early mornings planned, but each week is similar. Routing analysts collectively will cover a schedule providing necessary coverage for routing loads and internal customer support. Average total working hours each week is approximately 45 hours. The majority of this work will be required to be done from the office to ensure proper system support, but there is a work from home opportunity after gaining necessary experience. There is no specific on-call responsibilities except to be available to the routing manager if input and assistance is needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience required.
• Superior mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills are a must.
• Training in statistical analysis necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others within a team environment.
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations on drivers and equipment.
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a challenging, constantly changing environment.
• Ability to stay on task and focus on company goals.
• Occasional overnight travel required; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train to attend meetings and training as needed.
Posting: This information will be posted on company bulletin boards and website until filled.
To Apply: to apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
➢ Click the ‘Go’ button under ‘Corporate Information’
➢ Use the ‘Careers’ link at the top or bottom of the web page (current Dot/ DTI employees, scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option)
➢ Choose ‘Job Search’ to search for open positions. You can search all jobs at all locations or search for a specific position by key word, job field, location or organization.
➢ On the job search page, you can review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
➢ Once you click on the ‘Apply’ link for a specific position, you will set up a user name and password to start the application process.
➢ On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab or use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.