Social Media Specialist Webster University
Posting Number: S0108
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Department: Digital Marketing and Comm
Location: St. Louis/Webster Groves, MO
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
The Social Media Specialist will report to the Director Digital Marketing & Communications and be a valuable member of the Global Marketing and Communications unit. This position is responsible for helping to organize and manage dozens of affiliated university social media accounts. The position will also craft social media content and messaging that promotes enrollment and enhances the reputation of the University and its unique global brand.
• Initiates and completes social media projects; gathers, edits, writes and organizations social media content including optimization for search, reporting/analytics, content development and working with agency and internal partners
• Respond to requests from internal departments, including creating and routing content and scheduling posts.
• Develop and communicate a system to post social media messages over multiple platforms as needed. This Content Calendar would include topics, content, specific posts and media that ensures message alignment. This calendar will be shared in real-time with Public Relations, Strategic Communications and Marketing departments GMC.
• Monitor social media channels and develop analytical reports on university social media accounts and audience engagement.
• Effectively incorporate images, video and dynamic content into social media content in a manner that communicates the university’s global brand.
• Maintains editorial writing quality, adheres to standard guidelines for social media postings.
• Identify ways of leveraging social media to drive awareness, advocacy and enrollment intent for university.
• Work closely with internal teams (digital marketing, public relations, design, creative services and internal communications) to assure social strategy efforts are translated across all goals.
• Set goals, prioritize tasks with assistance, estimate time lines, work within deadlines, report progress and setbacks to stakeholders.
• Builds relationships with social media coordinators throughout the University.
• Will manage individual projects and participate in team projects.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent preferred
• 2-4 years of social media experience for an organization, business or paid clients.
• Excellent use of the English language. Attention to detail, strong writing, editing and communications skills.
• Experience with social media advertising and business management platforms.
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn,– both as a marketer and as a user
• Understanding of SEO and how to incorporate SEO strategies into social media content.
• Advanced knowledge and skills related to building and maintaining social media accounts in a professional setting.
• Able to tell a story with words and visuals, with excellent written communication and grammar.
• Strong technical background with advanced computer skills and knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Knowledge of graphic design best practices, principles and software preferred
• Adobe Creative Suite
• A fun, creative personality with a great sense of humor, good interpersonal skills, working effectively in a team environment, can negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure under pressure.
Primarily work at desk using dual LCD monitors and keyboard.
To Apply: Visit https://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/2100
If you are unable to submit your documents online, send them to:
Social Media Specialist, St. Louis/Webster Groves, MO
Human Resources Jobs
470 E. Lockwood Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119