Service Technician Maryville University
The Service Technician ensures that all mechanical and building facilities are kept in optimal working order to provide a safe and functioning environment for faculty, staff, and students. The Service Technician maintains efficient operations of facilities through work order requests including light electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting. The Service Technician performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned and supports other areas of the department in completing larger tasks such as event set-ups, snow removal, summer maintenance, furniture moving, HVAC filter changes and equipment maintenance. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Qualifications / Requirements
• High school education or equivalent.
• Two years of experience in facilities maintenance (internship, apprenticeship or practicum is acceptable).
• Basic mechanical knowledge regarding building infrastructure.
• Knowledge of electricity, especially multi-voltages and hazards.
• Must have a good understanding of blueprint and schematic reading.
• Knowledge of material inventory and ordering.
• Must maintain Class E Driver’s License in the State of Missouri.
• Basic computer skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a multi-cultural population of co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the public.
• Technical or vocational education.
• Proficient in the use of Apple products including iPad and iPhone.
• Professional experience in K-12 or higher education facility.
• Inclement working conditions.
• Work with high voltage, high temperature water and steam.
• Work at varying heights from 5 to 40 feet.
• Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Prolonged standing.
• Climbing stairs and ladders
On-call and emergency situations require hours outside normal working hours.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1720