Service Operations Manager Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring a Service Operations Manager to be located at the Clayton, Missouri Corporate office. The Service Operations Manager is responsible for managing day to day IT Operations. This includes designing, developing, implementing, executing and improving Olin’s IT Operational processes. This role will be the process owner for most service management processes within the IT organization.
This role provides process expertise and leadership in IT Service Management to establish and manage a framework of best practices for the customer, including practical application within multiple environments, by providing insight into practical application and implementation of ITIL process capabilities. The Service Operations Manager is accountable for creating and directing a strategy vision for assigned IT Service Management disciplines and providing performance management coaching and career development planning for global direct reports. This role reports to the Director of Global IT Infrastructure.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Manage day to day IT Operations
- Define Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for IT applications and infrastructure
- Monitor all environments to ensure compliance to SLAs
- Conducts process self-assessments and prepares and presents high-level management briefings on the status of all in-scope ITSM processes
- Facilitates the optimization of business performance by enhancing alignment between IT Service Management disciplines and business objectives
- Performs regular process audits to ensure consistent delivery of service while assessing specific areas for improvement; communicates process performance to leadership and associates to help enforce adherence
- Provides content knowledge for on-going process development, sustaining user base support and strategic planning activities
- Collaborates with industry experts to analyze assigned IT Service Management discipline to evaluate areas requiring improvement
- Ensures that the assigned IT Service Management disciplines are aligned across all ITSM areas
- Leads process analysis and re-engineering efforts, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment
- Provides infrastructure domain architecture support for selected infrastructure domains in support of the Solution Delivery Infrastructure Architect
- May manage contract or service provider resources
- Provides direct and/or indirect development and supervision
- Manages and motivates staff; reviews and assesses performance, develops and builds employee skills, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department and company
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree*; computer science or related field strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in IT including IT Service Management (ITSM) or IT Operations
- Prior management experience including strong leadership skills to effectively lead team members, providers and project efforts
- ITIL or similar certification preferred
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed environment preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- Approximately 10% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
- EEO – Support Olin’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
**Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.