Security Architect Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring a Security Architect to be located at the Clayton, Missouri Corporate office. The Security Architect provides direction and leadership on a variety of design decisions including solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, project estimations, platform selection, and high-level technical design. This role is responsible for identifying opportunities to leverage technology needs throughout the global IT organization to enhance security for the Olin and 3rd party organizations, including process control systems.
This role is responsible for the design and ongoing improvement of the security architecture to determine vulnerabilities. This role owns the current Olin enterprise information security architecture and supports the definition of and selection of enterprise security standards including tools, technology, application and processes.
The Security Architect will participate in the review and approval of enterprise architecture frameworks and guiding principles, research new vendors, technologies and industry best practices as well as assist in the evaluation and approval for exceptions to the IT enterprise security architecture framework.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester’s principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Architecture Standards and Governance
- Develop security reference architectures and artifacts which enforce architectural consistency across solutions
- Review new technologies to determine compliance with security standards
- Verify delivered technical solutions against previously approved security architecture specifications and change requests
- Keep current with advancements in information security technologies, including application to process control environments.
Solution Delivery Support
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to solution delivery and Infrastructure and Operations associates regarding security matters
- Assess proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined security architecture standards
- Consult to solution delivery teams on secure application development standards
- Perform technical risk assessments to provide direction on investments
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree* in computer science, cybersecurity or related field
• 5 or more years’ experience in architecture and the security fields
• CISSP, TOGAF, or other similar certifications strongly preferred
• Broad knowledge of IT business and application landscape
• Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization
• Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
• Approximately 10% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
• EEO – Support Olin’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, visit www.olin.jobs