SAP Technical Lead Olin
Olin Corporation is hiring a SAP Technical Lead to be located at the headquarters in Clayton, Missouri. This role will participate in a global project responsible for all technical aspect of the SAP System Development Life Cycle from conceptual phase through implementation and rollout.
The Technical Lead will support the SAP technical environments and create the necessary technical designs which are required to enable successful project delivery. They will create technical designs that support the requirements of the business and the specific project in terms of landscape and performance alignment with the overall IT and SAP Infrastructure strategies. They will be looked to as the “technical expert” to understand, evaluate, articulate and manage recommendations for technical solutions that provide the best outcome for the business.
Company Bio: Olin
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Manages the BASIS and development teams
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT
- Develops protocols to support established standards
- Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and manage implementations
- Ensures resources are accurately allocated, in line with tactical plans, and appropriately accounted for at all times
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application.
- May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree*: Information Technology or Computer Science discipline strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in Technology projects
- At least three End to End Implementations for a large scale organization
- Experience in direct and indirect management of team members
- Experience of leading/working in a team comprised on onshore and offshore resources
- Broad understanding of IT capabilities, methods and technologies; strong experience of technical design and development of solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work in team oriented, collaborative environment
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on enhancements, break-fixes and major projects – sometimes at the same time
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and/or experience
- Experience with BASIS, ABAP and JAVA technologies
- Experience of SAP Solution Manager and ChaRM
- Global SAP support experience
- Experience of integration with SAP S/4 HANA
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.