Programmer Analyst Dot Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Programmer Analyst
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
- Reports to Business Systems Development Manager.
- Works under close supervision 20% of the time, works independently setting work schedule priorities 80% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
Work from systems designs and/or other written or verbal instructions to develop, test, and implement applications to solve business problems or facilitate business opportunities. Demonstrate and apply programming skills in the appropriate programming languages.
- Systems analysis and programming.
- Work from systems designs and/or other written or verbal instructions to develop, test, and implement applications to solve business problems or facilitate business opportunities.
- Provide support and maintenance for existing applications.
- Assist in gathering system requirements.
- Assist in integrating third party applications.
- Application testing.
- Assist in making recommendations on standards, techniques, and approaches to trouble-shooting.
- Coordinating enhancements and problem fixes with software vendors
- Demonstrate and apply programming skills in the appropriate programming languages.
- Ongoing communication with IT peers and managers.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Participate in Dot quality efforts.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
- Performs design work on projects of simple to medium complexity.
- May provide training for new members of the department.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.
Position Interaction: All Dot departments and potentially all levels within the organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Technical background (particularly on IBM midrange, Microsoft SQL Server, AIX and/or with Windows Servers networking).
- Experience in use of PCs.
- Experience trouble-shooting PC software (particularly Microsoft Office products and larger third party systems).
- Knowledge of any of the following strongly preferred: COBOL, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL or PeopleSoft, .Net, Red Prairie.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with all departments.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks including juggling multiple assignments, troubleshooting issues and general support calls.
Posting: Position information available on the company web site until position is filled.
To Apply: If you are a current Dot/ DTI employee and wish to apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
- Use the ‘Jobs’ link on the orange information bar (near the top right-hand area of the site)
- Choose ‘Job Applicant Login’
- On the current openings page, choose the link under ’Already a Dot Employee’
- On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab, use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
- On the job search page, you can also review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
Current Employees: If you have an application/ resume in the on-line application system, please make certain it is updated with your most current information before applying to posted positions.
Current Dot Foods/ Dot Transportation employees must have manager approval and meet minimum requirements prior to applying to positions.
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.