Program and Event Coordinator Diversity Awareness Partnership - Columbia
Job Title: DAP – Columbia Program and Event Coordinator
Status: Part-Time with opportunity for Full-Time
Reports To: Regional Manager, Diversity Awareness Partnership – Columbia
This position will work under the direction of the Regional Manager. The program and event coordinator will provide administrative support to deliver DAP-Columbia’s diversity programs and training and education services. The administrative support includes program logistics, event management, and partner and client communication.
Program and Training Logistics—Provide support for program and training development and execution, anticipating what is needed for effective client service.
• Coordinate training and program schedules/calendars including scheduling training and program dates.
• Complete data entry of all program and training evaluations.
• Secure all relevant paperwork from organizations ahead of program start.
• Send out all training invoices and manages training tracking spreadsheet
Communications—Maintain communication with Advisory Council and DAP Connect members
• Maintain and update contact database
• Maintain and update DAP Connect member database
• Assist with recruitment of participants across all youth diversity programs
• Coordinate planning and logistics for seamless execution of training, fundraising and other community events.
• Assist with securing venues and speakers, food, and A/V needs; overseeing event registration and tracking expenses.
• Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- 2-3 years of work experience in an office setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Data entry and basic evaluation experience
- Basic accounting experience (invoicing, tracking expenses, etc.)
- Must have flexible schedule and transportation
- Proficient with MS Office
Required Personal Qualities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong adaptability to changing directions
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a part of a group
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong enjoyment of fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- Willingness to support other team members to achieve organizational goals
- Must have flexible and reliable transportation
- Must be able to move program materials weighing up to 20 pounds
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and three professional references to Nikki McGruder, Regional Manager, at email@example.com. Please include DAP-Columbia Program and Event Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until July 7, 2017.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Diversity Awareness Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- « Previous Job: Web Designer
- » Next Job: SVP EUCI Unified Communication and Collaboration Senior Manager