Program Coordinator, Student Involvement Maryville University
The Program Coordinator, Student Involvement provides on-site, hands-on implementation of programs and services that enhance campus life and stimulate student involvement. The Program Coordinator works directly with students and connects them with leadership, involvement, and campus activities programs. This programming is provided, in part, through the advisement of the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and LJ’s, the campus sports lounge. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and student.
Advising and Supervising
• Supports student programming efforts and assists with program advisement, implementation, and coverage
• Advises the Campus Activities Board (CAB), a student-run programming board for Maryville University while assisting with the management of the budget
o Attends CAB meetings and events as Advisor and meets regularly with officers
o Supports all phases of CAB program planning, selections, training and evaluation
o Covers evening and weekend events as advisor
• Manages aspects of the Student Employee program for the Student Involvement and Residential Life offices
Program Development, Implementation, and Assessment
• Develops and coordinates programs and promotions for LJ’s, the sports lounge in the Donius University Center
• Works with the Commuter Assistant(s) to provide support to and programming for commuter students
• Champions the summer camp program and the role of Residential Life within this program at Maryville University
• Collects program evaluations/attendance data and tracks student involvement across the university, overseeing entry of such information into designated computer programs and developing related reports each semester
Student Involvement Staff Member
• Contributes to the achievement of enrollment goals by designing programs that contribute to the recruitment and retention of students and by assisting other departments with enrollment-related initiatives
• Manages and oversees the operating budgets for both the Student Involvement and Residential Life offices
• Provides oversight for the day-to-day management of LJ’s and the Buder Family Student Commons
• Develops and delivers Student Involvement and Residential Life publications including, but not limited to: “This Weekend at Maryville” promotions, social media outlets, websites, digital signage presence and handbooks and policy guides
• Seeks ways, through student involvement, to evidence and support student understanding of the merger between liberal and professional learning
• Participates in New Student Orientation, Admissions visit days and other university-wide events as deemed necessary
• Maintains a high profile at student programs and athletic events
• Partners with other Student Life staff as indicated and seeks out opportunities to work with others
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of experience in event planning and/or student organization advising (intern, graduate assistant, or practicum experience is acceptable)
• Strong commitment to ethnic and cultural diversity
• Exemplary skills in program development and implementation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of competency in the use of technology to accomplish the above goals
• Master degree in student development or related field preferred
• Current drivers license and ability to obtain certification to drive University vans.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To Apply Visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1699