Program Coordinator – Online Nursing Maryville University
The Program Coordinator for Online Nursing provides oversight and coordination of the Online Nursing Clinical Operations. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students
• Management and oversight of the affiliation agreement process (1500+ contracts per semester) which includes assisting students and clinical sites with questions and concerns
• Develop and manage relationships with clinical sites around the United States and recruit/retain affiliation with large health systems in areas with a high student population
• Develop, improve, manage, and maintain clinical experience documents such as the clinical packet, resource site, instructional videos, and the clinical shell. This includes conducting research on potential new processes and technologies.
• Identify students receiving GI Benefits and provided targeted support to increase retention of this student population
• Acting as a liaison between the various university departments to assist students with requests as needed. This includes communicating and notifying key university staff of impactful changes as well as managing and driving communication with third-party vendor personnel to ensure a smooth transition into the clinical semester
• Utilizing data through Business Objects and other resources to track student information and guide the procedural and decision-making process
• Supporting, counseling, and assisting students with their clinical questions and concerns
• Assist Program Director with accurate accreditation-related materials and processes regarding the online nursing programs
• Collaborate with the online nursing staff and leading efforts to plan and implement the Annual Academic Hooding Ceremony and Reception, specifically managing the ADA accommodations for the events
• Developing and integrating important clinical information into a preceptor training tool and a quarterly preceptor newsletter in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator
Qualifications / Requirements
• Associate degree
• Experience in the nursing/healthcare industry or higher education.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and database programs and the ability to learn new computer programs.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Project management skills.
• Knowledge of Datatel and Hobson systems preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.