Producer / Afternoon Newscaster St. Louis Public Radio
Posted on: July 12, 2017
Application Deadline: July 26, 2017
St. Louis Public Radio, an NPR Affiliate, seeks a full-time News Producer/Afternoon Newscaster to write, produce, edit, and deliver newscasts during afternoon drive and for NPR One.
- In addition to newscasting duties, the producer will contribute to overall newsroom reporting. This means the candidate will develop their own story ideas and work with an editor to produce both spot news and longer, in-depth features for both radio and web. The candidate is expected to:
- conduct studio, remote, and phone interviews.
- operate digital sound editing and recording equipment.
- report, write, and edit news stories; provide content for STLPR's website.
- make use of social media for both reporting and promoting stories.
The ideal candidate works well under tight deadlines and can produce news stories quickly and accurately. The right person is able to maintain a cool head during breaking news situations and can think on their feet to conduct live interviews, if need be.
Interested candidates should provide proof of an ability to exercise solid news judgment, to juggle multiple stories and to work well with other members of the newsroom to produce well-formulated newscasts and news stories.
A sense of humor doesn't hurt, either.
The candidate is also expected to participate in station development and promotional function and to perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
A bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related area, and a minimum of two years reporting experience is required. Successful previous public radio newscast experience, reporting, and digital editing experience are desirable. Candidates for this position must meet STLPR's standard of NPR-style reporting, conversational on-air delivery, and have excellent writing and editing skills.
Apply online only: http://www.umsl.edu/services/hrs/prospective/ehome.html.
Audio samples are required for consideration. Send to Bill Raack, email@example.com. For additional information, call: 314-516-6168. Application deadline: July 26, 2017.