Network Administrator Dot Foods, Inc.
Location: Chesterfield, MO or Mt. Sterling, IL
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Support Manager
Your Role: The Network Administrator is responsible for long and short-term network (LAN/WAN) planning, design, and optimization. In teaming with the business, you develop strategies and direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies. You translate business requirements into network or process designs and plans and recommend network hardware, systems management software and architecture to ensure compliance. The Network Administrator, may take on the role of Project Leader for special enterprise-wise assignments.
• Monitor network performance/tuning, ensure capacity planning is performed and are proactive in assessing and
making recommendations for improvement and evaluates new server-based upgrades
• Install, configure and maintain routers, switches, and hubs for the network systems (wireless and VoIP)
• Develop and maintain documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software
• Monitor network links for LAN/WAN and assist in training staff in implementations, maintenance and support of LAN/WAN
• Provide guidance in client computer operating systems, computer naming, and user names
• Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without
restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings
• Schedule – on call rotation to support business needed; evening hours and weekends as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• 3+ years in LAN/WAN networking experience
• Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
• Experience with administering Internet Protocol (IP) addressing
• Experience with following and applying standard work instructions
• Exposure to responsibility for system security
• Experience with completion of documentation of network
• Experience in troubleshooting procedures and designing resolution scripts
We’d Like You To Have:
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Effective interpersonal skills in working with all departments
• Proficient verbal and written skills
• Professional, positive attitude
• A dedication to eliminating waste in all areas of the position
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment,
we will provide you with:
• Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic
classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.