Meeting & Events Planner Dot Foods
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: Meeting Event Manager
Your Role: You will be responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of corporate meeting activities from start to finish including site selection, vendor selection, contract negotiation, menu planning, project management, housing management, entertainment, travel, and budgeting.
- Perform due diligence in vendor selection contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain internal processes to ensure consistent improvements in performance.
- Perform intermediate budgetary duties including spending records, managing expenses and assisting with setting meeting budgets.
- Create online meeting registration websites and surveys using Cvent.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel required. Ability to independently travel as without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train.
- Schedule – Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable Dot experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective communication and follow-up skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to cope with fast paced environment
- Ability to operate under pressure to keep critical deadlines
We’d Like You To Have:
- Project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for budget development and business analysis
- Experience using Cvent
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plan
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
- « Previous Job: Mortgage Telesales Representative
- » Next Job: Executive Communications Manager – President’s Office