Manager, Collegiate Chapter Operations Beta Gamma Sigma
Job Title: Manager, Collegiate Chapter Operations
Job Status: Full time, exempt. Some travel may be required (less than 20% of time annually)
Department: Chapter Operations
Reports To: Associate Director, Chapter & Alumni Operations
Location: Beta Gamma Sigma Global Headquarters- Maryland Heights, MO
Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) is the international business honor society that recognizes the academic achievements of the top 10% of business students in the top 5% of business schools around the world that are accredited by AACSB (Association for the Advancement of College Schools of Business). BGS has chapters in over 570 universities around the globe. There are more than 790,000 inductees since BGS was established in 1913. BGS also has 30 alumni chapters – 21 in the U.S. and nine outside the U.S.
BGS is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit with its global headquarters in Maryland Heights, MO, a suburb of St. Louis, MO. www.betagammasigma.org
The Manager, Collegiate Chapter Operations is primarily responsible for the establishment and retention of Beta Gamma Sigma Collegiate Chapters, within an assigned geographic area; with the ultimate goal of growing the Society. Manager will be responsible for leading several, annual projects. Will be responsible for individual as well as team goals. Position does not supervise others.
- Provide timely and efficient customer service, guidance and support to Collegiate Chapters and lifetime members
- Responsible for actively promoting the Society to a variety of external audiences
- Maintains accurate records using Raiser’s Edge database
- Responsible for becoming an expert user with our proprietary Chapter Management System(CMS) and assisting Chapter Contacts in utilizing the system efficiently
- Works continuously to improve department processes and procedures
- May be responsible for providing in-person training seminars for Collegiate Chapter Contacts, as well as off-site chapter meetings.
- May need to travel, to represent Beta Gamma Sigma at conferences (likely fewer than five conferences annually)
- Create and present online trainings and webinars to a variety of external constituents
- Responsible for becoming knowledgeable about the culture and customs of universities in his/her individual territory
- Will be assigned as lead for a variety of annual projects
- Create and/or participate in conceptualizing marketing material and mass-messaging to promote BGS brand recognition and new initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date manuals and form letters
- Will be responsible for providing accurate and timely data reporting
- Participate in setting department strategy to meet metric goals
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience
- Raiser’s Edge or association management system experience preferred
- Must be tech savvy. Strong Office 365 skills required, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of customer service required
- Non-profit and/or collegiate education work experience a plus
- Experience working with measurable goals
- Must be highly strategic and analytical
- Outstanding time management skills
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation and/or training skills required
- Comfortable working with seasonal, high volume workloads
- Aptitude for working with international constituents and stakeholders at all levels of their organizations.
- Bi-lingual, exchange program participation and/or international travel experience a plus
- Must be creative and willing to maximize resources concerning strategy, brand recognition and securing constituent buy-in.
- Prior experience with/participation in Beta Gamma Sigma or another honor society preferred.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, your cover letter must contain three reasons why you are the best candidate for this position and your salary requirements (indicating “negotiable” may not be considered).
No walk-ins or phone calls. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Beta Gamma Sigma offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Beta Gamma Sigma is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.