The M Store Operations Technology Specialist Maryville University
The M Store Operations Coordinator is responsible for the efficient day to day operation of The M Store. The M Store is the campus hub for student course materials, document/mail, convenience market and Maryville’s merchandise and retail center. A primary focus will be to implement and grow technology services for the beginning of each term providing on-campus support for publisher digital content, courseware and simulations to students and faculty.
The individual will coordinate all back of house activities including daily commerce transactions, open and close functions, supervision and course materials distribution and return for students included in the University OneFee program. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
- Establish and grow “Geek Bar” resource in The M Store providing students and faculty with log‐in information and navigational assistance on all digital course materials
- Troubleshoot and resolve digital content issues that arise
- Oversees course materials distribution and returns, including reconciliation of invoice and non‐returned item charges
- Responsible for processing invoices and credit memos, maintains digital files of all related invoices, credits, purchase orders, and cash reports
- Hire and supervise store student personnel for customer service, cashiering, shipping/receiving or other tasks as needed.
- Perform purchasing functions
- Coordinates communication with students related to course materials
- Interacts with customers, faculty, staff, and administrators to share information
- Responsible for all shipping, receiving and storage functions related to course materials,
- Processes invoices and credits, including the coordination of end of term billing with Course Materials vendor for all non‐returned course
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Three to five years of supervisory experience (internship, practicum or student supervisor experience is acceptable)
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Excellent understanding of automation technologies and administrative information systems
• Extensive knowledge of publisher digital products and emerging academic resources
• Superior customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
• General knowledge of accounting and purchasing procedures
• Ability to navigate publisher courseware, digital content and simulations integrated through the learning management system (Canvas)
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience supervising university student employees
• Experience with Colleague, Salesforce and/or Canvas
• Bachelor degree in Business, Communication or Information Technology
• Ability to life and carry up to 20 pounds
Some evening and weekend hours as necessary.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on‐the‐job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To Apply: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1772