Life Coach Maryville University
Life Coach is an innovative and exciting full-time position in the Student Success Division focused on coaching students through a successful acclimation to, through, and beyond Maryville University. The Life Coach serves as a constant and immediate source of support for students. Life Coaches are highly visible, extremely accessible, well known, and available throughout campus. Meeting the students where they are when they need assistance ensures excellent service and satisfaction. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
• Deliver personalized coaching services through innovative and proactive outreach as life coach (academic, personal, professional coach) to traditional full-time undergraduate students, with availability to assist any student in need of assistance, to ensure a positive student experience.
• Administer, analyze, and review with students a multitude of learning diagnostics in order to create a personalized learning portfolio for each student.
• Create a multitude of ways to provide high touch support for students in overcoming obstacles, gaining confidence, and reaching their personal and professional goals (e.g., weekly meetings, texts, blogs, push notifications).
• Serve as a key player in the social and academic integration for students by developing a positive rapport with students, parents, faculty, staff, and employers including prompt response time to all inquiries.
• Electronically maintain thorough and accurate student information on attendance, participation, progress, retention, graduation, and post-graduate plans.
• Educate students on how to create professional resumes, cover letters and CV’s; conduct effective job and internship searches, and master interviewing skills.
• Collaborate with faculty in all disciplines to stay on the cutting edge of industry standards and employer expectations in order to best coach students.
• Empower students to develop and accomplish their personal, academic, and professional developmental goals.
• Train students and assist in their development and understanding of Maryville policies, curricular and co-curricular opportunities in order to optimize their Maryville experience.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor degree
• Commitment and dedication to student success
• Exemplary customer service skills, including prompt follow- up and positive attitude
• Ability to synthesize and take action on complex information
• Ability to share goal-oriented, future-focused and action-driven planning strategies/techniques
• Skills to professionally represent the university to diverse constituencies
• Impeccable communication skills, particularly ability to develop one on one relationships with students, parents, faculty and other staff
• Ability to work on multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
• Interest and passion for being a member of a student-centered team
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient with computer applications and word processing software.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Minimum one to two years of experience in a higher education institution with preference for academic affairs, student affairs, student services, and/or counseling.
• Familiarity with cognitive development theory of college age students and/or career development theory
• Experience developing a personalized learning approach to foster student success using learning diagnostic tools (Strengthsfinder, College Student Inventory, etc.)
• Familiarity with Salesforce, database software and student information systems
Extended and/or flexible hours, from home or multiple sites, including nights and weekends will be required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1713