Financial Accountant/Analyst St. Louis Public Radio
St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU, the St. Louis region’s National Public Radio (NPR) affiliate station, seeks a Financial Accountant/Analyst that will further our mission “To inform and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures for a more inspired and engaged public.” At STLPR, you can expect a collegial, dynamic office environment with great work/life balance and a role in which you will have the opportunity to further develop your talents.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration, the Financial Accountant/Analyst will assist in a variety of accounting, operational and managerial activities and will gain an in-depth understanding of not-for-profit, governmental and grant accounting.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Cash receipts reports and reconciliation with two databases;
- Corporate sponsorship invoicing and reconciliation;
- Purchasing and accounts payable following procurement guidelines and interfacing with legal departments for contract review;
- Assist in the budget process and preparation of monthly financial reports;
- Assist with grant accounting and reporting;
- Assist with the annual financial audit and reporting to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB);
- Preparation of journal entries;
- Analysis using technical experience and judgment, providing input and recommendations;
- Participation in cross-departmental task teams.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in accounting and some work experience or internships. Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy are required to succeed in this position.
Two years in an accounting/business operations role. Some exposure to not-for-profit and/or governmental accounting.
Experience with Microsoft Office suite and with PeopleSoft, or accounting software of any kind, would be particularly helpful.