EXPLORE Coordinator Diversity Awareness Partnership
Job Title: EXPLORE Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Programs
Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the EXPLORE Coordinator will recruit qualified high school applicants for the EXPLORE programs to meet the needs of the program partners. The coordinator will be responsible for processing applications, storing applicant data and transitioning students from the recruited group to program participants. The time commitment for this position is 20 hours per week.
Community Outreach for Youth Diversity Programs
The EXPLORE Coordinator will be responsible for community outreach for DAP’s EXPLORE youth diversity programs in order to strengthen the recruitment of school and student participants. Activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Build applicant sources by cultivating positive relationships with school administrators, educators, students, and key community stakeholders through individual communication and attending key education and diversity-focused events
• Maintain and update a database of school administrators, teachers, support staff, and community organizations that cover all schools and relevant community organizations in the region.
• Maintain and update a database of program alumni for continual connection to DAP’s EXPLORE youth diversity program and community events.
• Support DAP’s diversity events and training as needed.
• Establish recruiting requirements by studying historical student placement and current EXPLORE partner needs.
• Continuously evaluate and update the application process for efficient and effective recruiting.
• Work with student liaisons to select, encourage and communicate with students.
• Plan, organize and communicate travel arrangements for participants within budget constraints.
• Provide a quantity of program participants that meet or exceed partner requirements for each session.
Positive Contributions to DAP Team: All staff of Diversity Awareness Partnership must be committed to a collaborative environment that fosters productive efforts toward diversity and inclusion. The EXPLORE Coordinator is a key member of DAP’s staff and is expected to be an active and positive member of DAP’s team and remain flexible in order to respond to needs of a dynamic non-profit organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
• High school diploma or higher
• 3+ years in a role with responsibilities in program outreach and a successful track record of meeting recruiting targets
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail and organization
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines in a fast-paced non-profit environment
• Comprehensive understanding of diversity issues related to race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Experience within a school setting or deep understanding of the needs of educators, school administrators, and students
Required Personal Qualities
• Strong adaptability to changing directions
• Commitment to working collaboratively to promote diversity and inclusion
• Commitment to continuous improvement in a growing and evolving organization
• Must have flexible and reliable transportation to conduct community outreach across the region
• Must have flexible schedule to accommodate occasional evening and weekend events
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary: $ 19,000 per year
• Mileage reimbursement
* Please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Steve Parks, Director of Programs at email@example.com with EXPLORE Coordinator listed in the subject line.