Executive Director Diversity Awareness Partnership
Job Title: Executive Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Board Chair
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Organization, including strategic fund development and communications plans, maintains financial accounts and provides leadership to staff and coordination function to board.
1. Plans, coordinates and manages the daily operations of the organization, while setting strategic vision for growth and impact.
2. Develops strategic recommendations and tactics in support of DAP’s short and long-term goals based on 2015 Strategic Plan.
3. Oversees the organization’s financial structure and is responsible for maintaining and increasing $800,000 budget.
4. Develops, oversees and executes a comprehensive funding plan from public, private funding, and earned income sources.
5. Collaborates closely with the Board of Directors and staff to create organizational vision, and a comprehensive marketing and business strategy to expand DAP’s reach to more locations across the country.
6. Manages and develops operations in Columbia location and all future locations.
7. Ability to design and evaluate Diversity and Inclusion training and program content.
8. Manages overall media efforts and public communications, including television, radio and print, and is the organization’s key spokesperson. Must be comfortable with any and all public speaking opportunities.
9. Initiates new partner relationships and maintains multiple existing corporate partnerships, interacting with senior corporate and community leaders. Plans and directs negotiations to increase revenue and strategic partnerships.
10. Increases the public profile of the agency by serving as the spokesperson and advocate for the organization, as well as being a visible, visionary and knowledgeable leader in the community.
11. Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the community. Acts as liaison between the community and the Board of Directors.
12. Recruits, develops and staffs meetings of the Board of Directors and other committees as appropriate.
13. Directs all staff to ensure that the organization is effectively structured to reach annual goals.
14. Manages and implements an effective performance management system for all employees that will include setting objectives and evaluation on an annual basis.
15. Manages and monitors all financial reporting through QuickBooks, including management of budget and revenue; oversee Webster University facilities, risk management and operational management.
1. Performs other job-related activities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
1. Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university required; five years related experience and/or training in diversity and inclusion; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five years supervisory experience, preferred.
3. Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
4. Excellent writing, editing, planning skills.
5. Familiarity with strategic communications, marketing and advertising campaign development and management.
6. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
7. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common D&I journals, financial reports and legal documents.
8. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
9. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
10. Ability to effectively present information to public groups, and/or boards of directors.
11. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
12. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
13. Success in creating innovative, market-driven resource development opportunities in the non-profit environment a plus.
To apply: Please send cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com.