Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) Manager Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring an Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) Manager to be located at the Clayton, Missouri Corporate office.
The IT Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) will be accountable for the global Enterprise IT Portfolio for Enterprise and the steady state operations that enable portfolio processes and tools. The EPMO Manager is responsible for designing and shaping the EPMO to enable effective planning and execution of the IT capital expense project portfolio. The EPMO Manager will ensure alignment to enterprise capabilities and business strategies while leading strategic portfolio operations, processes and reporting. The EPMO Manager will drive alignment across key IT constituencies across the business units, and is also responsible for governance of the portfolio for IT. In addition, this role is responsible for maturing capabilities to ensure the alignment of the IT portfolio to Olin’s strategic initiatives, enterprise IT strategy and business objectives.
The EPMO Manager will oversee the day-to-day operation of the Enterprise Program Management Office including resolving project and resource conflicts, facilitating solutions across department boundaries, tracking and communicating progress of multiple concurrent projects, standardizing processes across different project teams, mentoring staff, and driving a sense of urgency and commitment across all projects. This role reports to the Director of IT Strategy and Business Operations.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Lead the demand management process including the design, execution and improvement of the process.
- Consolidate demand into a central location for all IT resources
- Facilitate the project prioritization process and lead any governance processes
- Measure and communicate progress and status across projects and identify overall cross-project issues and dependencies
- Develop IT capability metrics and leads reviews with IT Leadership Team
- Compile portfolio reports for the business
- Facilitate the project approval process in coordination with the project leaders and the business
- Ensure projects and programs within the portfolio are carried out with the appropriate methodologies
- Monitor and analyze resource requirements to identify potential issues and monitors capacity to meet the current and future demands of the business
- Work with finance to track actual versus expected performance for project teams and financial benefits
Methods, Tools, and Standards
- Responsible for definition of templates, tools, and standards related to the delivery of projects and programs
- Standardize processes, methodologies, and project management practices
- Provide guidelines and support to IT Communities of Practice
- Develops and executes work plans for strategic process redesign and performance improvement initiatives
- Provide direct and/or indirect development and supervision for up to 4 reports
- Manage and motivate staff; review and assess performance, develop and build employee skills, support their professional development and enable employees to optimize their contribution to the department and company
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree* in business, finance, accounting or related discipline
- 5-10 years of related experience in a corporate PMO, management consulting or similar positions at a large company
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide
- Prior management experience
- Experience building a successful Enterprise PMO
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or similar certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of systems development
- Experience leading several large, complex systems or projects
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed environment preferred
- Approximately 25% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization;
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- EEO – Support Olin’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, visit www.olin.jobs