Ecommerce Developer – Front End Dot Foods
Location: Saint Louis, MO, Chicago, IL or Mt. Sterling, IL
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Business Systems Development Manager or Application Support Manager
The Dot Expressway is a B2B ecommerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. In teaming with the business, the Ecommerce Developer – Front End will work with the technical team to deliver solutions to improve functionality and user experience across digital channels. Success includes quality solutions that are delivered on time and on budget.
- Works closely with product owners, merchandisers, user experience, and other web developers, to understand the design and functional requirements and translate into well-formed code
- Use responsive web design and development principles to bring to life user interfaces
- Promote user-centered design principles and upholds online styles and standards
- Keep on-pulse with industry trends in UX, CSS and web design best practices
- Be the go-to front-end resource providing hands-on feature development and guidance to teammates
- Develop, test and implement according to the Software Development Lifecycle
- Participate in activities related to agile, including: meetings, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for industry meetings or conferences.
Qualifications / Requirements
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree & 3+ years in Information Technology or 7+ years experience
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser capability, general web functions and standards
- Experience in a modern web application framework such as Ruby on Rails, MVC, etc.
- Experience working with content management systems
- Strong technical abilities within application development, configuration, implementation, and support
We’d Like You To Have:
- Experience working in B2C/B2B e-Commerce focused environments
- Exposure to architecting front end systems (components, api integration, module development)
- Exposure to using web application interfaces
- Exposure to mobile application development
- Exposure to using CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Demonstrable experience in agile environments
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.