Dot Customized Services Account Manager (CSAM) Dot Foods, Inc.
- Reports to Director – Dot Customized Services.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 10% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
The Customized Services Account Manager will primarily call on Dot’s current suppliers to acquire new sample business and increase the current business of our Sample Express and Customized Services programs. Primarily, this person will be responsible for selling the features/benefits of our sample consolidation “routes” as a supply chain solution for suppliers & brokers. This person will also be responsible for managing all phases of sample “roll-outs”, once a supplier agrees to convert their sample distribution to Dot. Additionally, this person will be responsible for selling the many components of Dot’s Customized Services including shipper builds, kit assemblies, clean room projects, and online fulfillment capabilities.
- Understand and analyze each supplier’s current sample distribution method(s) and effectively sell the benefits of converting their current sample distribution to Sample Express.
- Identify our supplier’s business needs, create, and influence their actions on Dot’s Customized Services’ tailored fulfillment solutions.
- Maintain a strong understanding of “cost to serve” and supplier’s challenges associated with extremely small orders/deliveries.
- Call on numerous departments (Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, Accounting) at existing Dot suppliers, in all channels/categories.
- Presentations to small & large groups, both internal & external, regarding the features & benefits of Dot Customized
- Work closely with Dot Business Development Managers (BDM’s) to uncover opportunities with current suppliers, and close on sample conversion and Customized Services opportunities through supplier meetings, conference calls, webinars, etc.
- Work with internal departments including our Dot Customized Services team, Purchasing, Pricing, BDMs, and Digital Marketing to effectively implement (aka “roll-out”) new supplier sample policies that utilize Dot’s Sample Express and execute unique solutions for our suppliers using the Dot Customized Services component solutions.
- Assist with the budgeting of volume, gross and net margin for sample consolidation “routes” (aka Route 2 & Route 3) and providing monthly volume forecasts
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Follows and applies standard work and work instruction
Occasional Work Performed:
- Occasional travel with other members of the Dot team
- Occasional travel to various industry trade shows such as NRA, NACS, IDDBA, etc.
- Attends various company events and meetings
- Participation on teams to improve our Customized Services offering
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable Dot experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry or related experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for strong analytical, strategic thinking/ planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to go on lengthy day trips, possibility of several per month.
- Overnight travel required (6-8 nights per month); ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train to attend meetings or training.
Posting: This information will be posted on company bulletin boards until position is filled.
To Apply: to apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
Click the ‘Careers’ link box in the middle of the page
Use the ‘Careers’ link at the top or bottom of the web page or the ‘Search Jobs’ or ‘Log In’ links on the right side of the page (current Dot/ DTI employees, scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option)
If you choose ‘Search Jobs’, you can search all jobs at all locations or search for a specific position by key word, job field, location or organization.
On the job search page, you can review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
Once you click on the ‘Apply’ link for a specific position, you will set up a user name and password to start the application process.
On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab or use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
Current Dot/ DTI employees, please note the following:
To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the ‘Employee Links’ option at the bottom of the web page.
If you have an application/ resume in the on-line application system, please make certain it is updated with your most current information before applying to posted positions.
Current Dot Foods/ Dot Transportation employees must have manager approval and meet minimum job requirements before applying to positions.
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.