District Sales Manager – TBD Territory Dot Foods, Inc.
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: Sales Recruiting & Training Manager
Your Role: The District Sales Manager (DSM) will work in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Customer Service Representative (CSR) to acquire new business as well as increase the thru-put of current business through the pro-active selling of food and non-food products in the specified territory.
- Customer management
- Broker and direct rep representative management
- Planning and time management
- Daily problem solving
- Salesforce (CRM system) management
- Deduction management
- Travel – 6-8 nights per month, typically Tuesday–Thursday, into assigned territory. Must have the ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable Dot experience
- Minimum of two years’ sales experience
- Demonstrated aptitude in PC/laptop skills
- Effective professional written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to eliminating waste in all areas of the position
We’d Like You To Have:
- Ability to work independently as well as work with other departments
- Good meeting/group facilitation skills
- Extensive use and understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 57 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Flexible work environment
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Competitive wages, bonus programs, and benefits
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.