Director, Marketing & Communications International Business Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), established in 1913, is the international business honor society that recognizes the academic achievements of the top 10% of business students in the top 5% of business schools around the world that are accredited by the Association for the Advancement of College Schools of Business (AACSB). A $3.5M, 501 (c) (3) nonprofit, BGS has a staff of 17 and global headquarters in Maryland Heights, MO, a suburb of St. Louis, MO. Since its founding, BGS has inducted more than 800,000 students and now has chapters in more than 575 colleges and universities (500 in the U.S. and 75 outside the U.S.), plus 30 alumni chapters (21 in the U.S. and nine outside the U.S.) Future growth will come predominantly from outside the U.S. www.betagammasigma.org.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will participate in creating and will execute a cohesive strategic marketing plan that addresses multiple national and international stakeholders, including college students, higher education administrators, deans of business schools, BGS alumni, donors and potential donors, and corporate and academic sponsors and affiliates. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of two (communications and visual media).
Join a prestigious, nimble, global organization in a broad, integral role that encourages and fosters innovative thinking and creativity, and provides the autonomy and latitude to make a significant and measurable impact both internally and externally. Strengthen and build on the organization’s marketing and communications capabilities.
• Develop strategies to segment key constituencies, with associated marketing approaches and integrated communications plans to maximize member induction and engagement, as well as donor support, and to consistently exceed business and marketing objectives.
• Provide key stakeholders, both internally and externally, with important information in a timely manner; establish and maintain effective relationships that gain their trust and respect.
• Collaborate with cross-functional and inter-departmental teams to provide creative design and communications support services.
• Lead the generation of content for, and oversee the production and distribution of, all communications including print publications, collateral, social media, video, e-mails and website, ensuring high quality and consistency with brand identity.
• Lead mass-messaging distribution and virtual marketing campaigns.
• Develop and apply data analytics, qualitative and quantitative research, stakeholder feedback and advanced measurement techniques to monitor, provide insights to and determine the effectiveness of marketing efforts, adapting as necessary.
• Evaluate emerging marketing techniques, vehicles, channels and strategies to determine their potential use(s) and cost-effectiveness for BGS. Spot social-media trends, and develop and use related insights to inform marketing strategies.
• Manage marketing budgets as well as outside vendors and contractors.
• Manage two marketing team members, including delegating projects appropriately and providing leadership and professional development opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree desired.
• Global experience and/or BGS membership a plus.
• Proven ability to quickly understand complex organizations with multiple stakeholders, and then plan, execute and measure targeted marketing campaigns and communications initiatives.
• Experience working collegially and collaboratively with management and cross-departmental teams that have differing priorities and strategic goals.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment; skilled in multi-tasking, project and time management, organizing and prioritizing.
• Track record of building brand(s) and driving business results; adept at designing integrated campaigns that deliver inspired creative ideas through multi-channel marketing to produce significant return on investment (ROI) and drive growth.
• Experience in effectively managing and developing staff.
• Multi-disciplinary background, including experience with many forms of media; expert in direct, digital, social and content marketing.
• Thorough understanding of design concepts, ability to direct good design, and experience with publication and web design including layout and printing. Familiar with design software including InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop; hands-on experience a plus.
• Experience working with printers and other vendors; video production experience a plus.
• Detail-oriented, creative, strategic, flexible, open/transparent and a life-long learner.
• Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, critical-thinking, analytical and decision-making skills; a proactive mindset and approach, paired with sound business judgment.
BGS offers an excellent benefits package. Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter, stating three reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position, to email@example.com. Please also include compensation information; candidates who do not include this information will not be considered. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. Please, no walk-ins or phone calls to the BGS office.
Beta Gamma Sigma is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- « Previous Job:
- » Next Job: Director, Digital Services