Director, Digital Services International Business Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
Position: Director, Digital Services
Full time, exempt
Reports to: CEO
Direct report: None at this time
Location: Maryland Heights, MO (suburb of St. Louis)
Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) is the international business honor society that recognizes the academic achievements of the top 10% of business students in the top 5% of business schools around the world that are accredited by AACSB (Association for the Advancement of College Schools of Business).
BGS has chapters in over 575 colleges and universities; 500 in the U.S. and 75 outside the U.S. (Future growth is predominantly outside the U.S.) There are more than 800,000 inductees since BGS was established 104 years ago in 1913. BGS also has 30 alumni chapters and 17 alumni networks around the word.
BGS is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit with global headquarters in Maryland Heights, MO, a suburb of St. Louis, MO. www.betagammasigma.org
The Director, Digital Services will ensure the Technology Department is appropriately supporting current IT activities while planning and implementing future strategic needs. This includes developing and maintaining a plan that addresses system upgrades, replacements and maintenance.
Current and planned new projects include building a new website, a global social network for members, creating an expert network, and building an effective way for companies to recruit and hire BGS members.
- Seasoned IT veteran who can provide strategic direction and implement tactical solutions.
- Deliver training, mentoring, and ongoing support to end users to facilitate the use of existing, and of new technology (hardware and software) as introduced to BGS business environment.
- Work effectively with vendors, consultants, and other outside individuals and organizations important to the BGS technology environment.
- Overall responsibility for all BGS website, service, maintenance, upgrade, backup, disaster recovery, and technical support operations, including:
- Operation of betagammasigma.org and other BGS digital projects
- Operation of other technical services such as mail and list servers, member response system, ancillary site functionality, etc.
- Operation of in-office IT systems including computers, network, phone systems, etc.
- Technical support for BGS fundraising activities, particularly current and planned fundraising campaigns
- Technical support for BGS marketing activities, particularly those which are using or exploring the use of technology in the overall marketing efforts
- Administration of the BGS membership database.
- Lead the development of budgeting, vendor selection processes and purchase plans for investments in technical infrastructure
- Oversee development of key performance metrics and ensure consistent improvement along these metrics
Qualifications / Requirements
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in appropriate field (technical, IT related or engineering)
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT field and at least 5 years’ experience in technology leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in data handling and relational databases, experience with CRM a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in managing web presence
- Demonstrated expertise with risk management, plus data and network security, including PCI
- Understand communications systems (data and telecom)
- History of working on innovative, entrepreneurial projects
- Demonstrated experience with e-commerce site(s)
- Demonstrated experience with day-to-day operations of websites
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
Required Communication Skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to describe technical subjects in a manner that is interpreted correctly by both technical and non-technical readers.
- Must have excellent presentation skills to a variety of stakeholders that can include Board of Governors, deans of business schools, fellow employees, BGS members, and vendors.
Desired Qualifications (would be a major plus)
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably global
- Familiarity with international systems
- Experience working with online volunteers such as chapter leadership at business schools or BGS alumni groups
- Familiarity with agile development and other common development methodologies
- International work and life experience
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to email@example.com
- In your cover letter, please state three reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position. Candidates who do not include salary requirements will not be considered.
BGS offers an excellent benefits package.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
No walk-ins or phone calls to the BGS office.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.