Development Coordinator, Data Entry & Processing St. Louis Public Radio
Responsibilities include day-to-day coordination of activities for St. Louis Public Radio membership data flow, and other support for fundraising activities and projects; exporting and importing data for membership activities including direct mail, telemarketing, and other development processes; and stewardship activities including customer acknowledgments, thank you gifts and daily data entry.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Perform complex data entry, including importing and exporting data to/from internal and external systems.
- Perform monthly data processes, including exporting data for renewals, pledge reminders, aged receivables, thank you gifts, acknowledgments and other projects.
- Maintain addresses and other donor information in databases and assure addresses are standardized with the most recent and up-to-date data.
- Assist with matching gift processing.
- Prepare and monitor development data work flow and tracking within department and with administrative office and University Advancement.
- Provide high-quality customer service.
- Assist with sustaining member activity including mailings, emails, calls and daily/monthly processes.
- Maintain and provide supplies, materials, forms, and/or merchandise as appropriate for customers, in order to support departmental goals and activities.
- Assist with thank you gift merchandise inventory management for both physical and digital records.
- Assist in planning and execution of membership campaigns and other fundraising projects and events.
- Cross-train on other membership and development department activities and assist as needed.
Supervise volunteers and possibly interns.
Qualifications / Requirements
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrate and maintain technical knowledge of the job and of related procedures, policies and regulations in order to provide high quality support to the department and its customers.
- Use writing, computer, and statistical skills to produce a variety of documents including reports, correspondence, and membership materials.
- Adapt to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
- Build successful relationships with customers, co-workers, and administrators. Communicate and work effectively as a team leader and team member, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the work groups.
- Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the job challenges.
- Understand and abide by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Exercise initiative, independence and maturity in generating and monitoring work efforts, in order to provide self-sufficient expertise requiring limited supervisory intervention.
- Think creatively and critically about programs and activities in order to challenge the status quo and promote continuous improvement.
- Maximize the use of available resources in order to provide optimal value to the organization.
- Manage time effectively in order to accomplish highest priority goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate effective spoken and written communications skills in order to motivate others, provide compelling explanations or instructions, listen effectively and make high-quality correspondence, documents and presentations.
- Participate in the establishment and attainment of departmental and program goals and objectives.
- Exhibit high motivation and a willingness to occasionally travel in order to accomplish tasks and achieve goals.
- Develop and maintain successful professional contacts with individuals both within and outside the University in order to exchange information and enhance the station's major gifts efforts.
- Work successfully with diverse others and uphold the University's commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in order to help the organization realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities is necessary. One to two years in development, database or related field is required.