Data Architect Dot Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Data Architect
Department: Information Technology
Location: Mt Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
- Reports to Vice President, Information Technology
- Executes work under direct supervision 10% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
Primary Purpose: Responsible for creating, testing and maintaining the computer database system, working closely with database administrators to easily use and access data.
- Identify, access and document functional requirements, risks and mitigation plans
- Create security plans and measures to ensure database integrity
- Document technical requirements and design specification to support all areas of data management
- Develop and implement database solutions aligned with business strategy
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production problems
- Manage big data challenges including storage, access, analysis, reporting and information privacy
- Problem solve and provide support to users
- Conduct training for users as needed
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
- Occasional overnight travel to other distribution centers or for outside meetings/ training as needed.
- Training/ participation in a Total Quality Management (TQM) and Lean environment.
- Off-hours or weekend work as needed
- On-call pager rotation as required.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field or comparable Dot experience required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in data design, maintenance and security
- Demonstrated understanding of database management systems
- Successful rollout of analytics capabilities
- Knowledge of BI/analytics tools
- Proven leadership skills including 3+ years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with all departments
- Positive, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including ability to communicate at strategic levels
- Proven success at leading large analytical projects
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile
- Proactive, strategic approach to business decisions and planning
- Excellent project management skills and commitment to deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for meetings and training
Posting: This position will be posted on the company bulletin board until December 26th, 2016. It will be posted on our website until the position is filled.
To Apply: To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
- Click the ‘Careers’ link box in the middle of the page
- Use the ‘Careers’ link at the top or bottom of the web page or the ‘Search Jobs’ or ‘Log In’ links on the right side of the page (current Dot/ DTI employees, scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option)
- If you choose ‘Search Jobs’, you can search all jobs at all locations or search for a specific position by key word, job field, location or organization.
- On the job search page, you can review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
- Once you click on the ‘Apply’ link for a specific position, you will set up a user name and password to start the application process.
- On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab or use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
Current Dot/ DTI employees, please note the following:
To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information –
- Click the ‘Proceed to Dot Foods Homepage’ button near the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option
- Click ‘Job Postings/ Applications’ under the ‘Employee Links; this will bring up a new page to search for open positions.
- If you have an application/ resume in the on-line application system, please make certain it is updated with your most current information before applying to posted positions.
- Current Dot Foods/ Dot Transportation employees must have manager approval and must meet minimum job requirements
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.