Constituent Relations Coordinator Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization known for innovative productions featuring outstanding young artists. The company offers a festival opera season each spring which attracts ticket buyers from zip codes throughout the metropolitan area, as well as visitors from more than 40 states and multiple countries. Opera Theatre operates year-round education and outreach programs serving nearly 10,000 local children and 5,000 adults. The company’s annual budget size is approximately $10 million; contributed revenue represents more than 50% of budget.
The Constituent Relations Coordinator is a key member of Opera Theatre’s development department, reporting to the Associate Director for Strategy and Organizational Development, and will:
Manage Opera Theatre’s relationship with the Opera Theatre of Saint Louis Guild, a group of approximately 250 dedicated volunteers who collectively donate approximately 14,000 hours of volunteer time each year. Responsibilities include:
- Supervision and staff support for the work of the Guild Board and their related projects and committees;
- Communication with individual volunteers and committee chairmen;
- Preparation for Guild Board meetings;
- On-site management of volunteer activities;
- Recruitment and training of volunteers;
- Monitoring Guild expenses and re-allocating sources as needed to achieve budget goals
Coordinate projects related to Opera Theatre’s special constituent groups: the Intermezzo Society for the next generation of donors and corporate leaders, the National Patrons Council for donors who live outside the St. Louis area, and provide assistance as needed for Opera Theatre’s Friends of the Festival and Patron Program.
Assist the coordination of the company’s planned giving program, including:
- Developing planned giving program materials;
- Drafting correspondence with planned giving prospects and donors;
- Tracking all planned gift commitments and activity;
Oversee department expenses, including:
- Tracking expenses for the development department;
- Coding all department expenditures and requesting payments as needed;
- Using accounting software to track expenditures and alert department head to any unusual trends.
Assist with ongoing administrative work for the department, including response-tracking for donor cultivation events, proof-reading, appointment setting, filing, and meeting preparation.
Assist department staff with other projects assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in volunteer management, fund-raising, public relations, or related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with many individuals in differing capacities (volunteers, donors, staff, etc.);
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets required, experience with donor database preferred;
- A team-oriented approach and an interest in the arts;
- An ability to work evening and weekend hours at key times during the year.
Please send resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to:
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119-7910
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org No calls, please.
Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, and veteran or disability status.