Client/Server Technical Analyst Dot Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Client/Server Technical Analyst
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Chesterfield, MO
- Reports to Systems Support Manager.
- Works under close supervision 20% of the time, works independently setting work schedule priorities 80% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
Implements, administers, and maintains systems, including associated servers, operating systems, and backup and recovery programs. Troubleshoots and resolves system problems and service requests, and provides high-level technical support for unresolved help desk issues.
- Mentor Help Desk personnel on issue analysis and resolution
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Analyze and solve complex problems
- Perform root cause analysis and develop checklists for typical problems
- Recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention
- Install and maintain servers and server operating systems
- Report on system performance, utilization, compliance
- Document server infrastructure changes
- Monitor server backup and recovery jobs
- Translate user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
- Write and maintain detailed systems documentation
- Make recommendations for systems operations, enhancements, and process improvement
- Network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
Occasional Work Performed:
- Adverse Working Conditions
- Some nights and weekends
- Some Travel
Assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience required
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving ability
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with all departments
- Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Proactive in anticipating and resolving problems
- Flexible, patient, customer friendly attitude
- Ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for meetings and training.
Posting: Position information available on the company web site until position is filled.
To Apply: To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
- Click the ‘Careers’ link box in the middle of the page
- Use the ‘Careers’ link at the top or bottom of the web page or the ‘Search Jobs’ or ‘Log In’ links on the right side of the page (current Dot/ DTI employees, scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option)
- If you choose ‘Search Jobs’, you can search all jobs at all locations or search for a specific position by key word, job field, location or organization.
- On the job search page, you can review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
- Once you click on the ‘Apply’ link for a specific position, you will set up a user name and password to start the application process.
- On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab or use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
Current Dot/ DTI employees, please note the following: To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information –
- Click the ‘Proceed to Dot Foods Homepage’ button near the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page and use the ‘Employee Links’ option
- Click ‘Job Postings/ Applications’ under the ‘Employee Links; this will bring up a new page to search for open positions.
- If you have an application/ resume in the on-line application system, please make certain it is updated with your most current information before applying to posted positions.
- Current Dot Foods/ Dot Transportation employees must have manager approval and must meet minimum job requirements
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.