Chief Information Officer Dot Foods, Inc.
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: President
Your Role: The Chief Information Officer has responsibility for all information technology at Dot Foods and Dot Transportation. This includes issues related to department leadership, personnel and full financial management. The CIO provides leadership to support the information technology needs of all departments at Dot and is responsible for ensuring we continue to lead the industry in this area to support Dot’s continued overall success.
- Direct, develop and coordinate all phases of information technology including system design, programming, installation and operation.
- Collaborate with the President, CEO and other senior leadership to set short and long-term strategic plans.
- Reviews and evaluates project feasibility studies based on company priorities.
- Keeps current on new developments and best practices within information systems technology.
- Manages several direct reports, all of whom are department heads or provide leadership to the department.
- Travel 4-6 nights per month. Must have the ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Effective strategic and business mindset
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Capable of eliminating waste & inefficiencies in all
areas of the position
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience in senior leadership
We’d Like You To Have:
- Graduate level degree
- General knowledge of information technology systems and infrastructure
- Distribution or supply chain experience
- Knowledge of risk mitigation tactics within information technology
- Understanding of government regulatory considerations
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and operated company for the past 57 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- An inclusive work environment where talents can be fully utilized
- Commitment to personal development
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Competitive pay and long-term incentives
- Comprehensive benefits and a family-friendly environment
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.