Campus Public Safety Officer Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking a culturally aware public safety officer for the 7 am – 3 pm, Thursday through Monday shift to maintain a safe and secure living and working environment on a diverse and multicultural campus. Public Safety Officers manage all effective patrol, enforcement, and community services during the assigned shift. The officer will respond to service calls requiring excellent customer service focused to serve the diverse and multicultural campus population of faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Qualifications / Requirements
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident as required to obtain private security officer license.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess and maintain an armed private security officer license under the guidelines of the St. Louis County Police Department.
• Associate’s degree from an accredited university.
• Successful completion of a psychological screening, and drug screening upon hire and throughout employment.
• Ability to obtain certification to carry OC spray, ASP baton and handcuffs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
• Strong human relations skills with the ability to interact positively with a diverse University population.
• Ability to develop and implement strong problem-solving techniques.
• Knowledge of basic first aid, CPR and AED.
• Ability to work with others in a team atmosphere.
• Good organizational and management skills.
• Ability to work weekends and nights to include overnight and holidays.
• Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, political science or related field.
• Cultural competency and/or sensitivity knowledge and training.
Respond to any crisis that may occur on campus, including severe weather, fire, medical emergencies, hazardous material incidents, chemical spill/accidents. Incidents may occur in adverse weather, high heat, cold temperatures, snow, rain, earthquakes, etc.
Thursday – Monday, 7 am – 3 pm. Tuesdays and Wednesdays off.