Business Services Manager Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring a Business Services Manager to be located at the Clayton, Missouri Corporate office. The Business Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all of the financial planning, analysis and strategy, as well as budget analysis, and process activities for Olin IT.
The Business Services Manager will work in close collaboration with the CIO in order to help develop and maintain the short-and long-term financial plans for Olin IT, and identify financial opportunities to improve the organization’s profitability through routine and proactive analysis.
The Business Services Manager will establish and coordinate IT budgeting systems and procedures, and will be responsible for compiling, consolidating, monitoring, and analyzing an accurate and acceptable consolidated annual budget plan. He/she will provide the CIO financial information and reports for internal reporting. The Business Services Manager also leads communications strategy, messaging, program implementation and change management communications for a variety of internal clients in the service of Olin’s IT priorities and provides performance management coaching and career development planning for global direct reports. This role reports to the Director of IT Strategy and Business Operations.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester’s principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
• Collaborate with corporate finance, business unit leaders, and IT functional leaders to develop and manage IT budgeting and cost estimation approaches
• Manage relationships with the corporate financial planning and analysis team regarding budget and forecast requirements
• Responsible for annual and long-range budgets as well as quarterly forecasts
• Ensure short-term forecasts, budgets and long-range forecasts are financially appropriate.
• Proactively analyze IT investment over time in order to assure that IT investment is providing the desired benefits to the business groups
• Manage operating expense, capital, and headcount, including driving discussions on prioritization and trade-offs
• Drive IT funding process
• Support the preparation of IT financial reporting for monthly close activities
• Manage the “Bill of IT” to the business (calculation, reporting, analysis)
• Design, govern, and improve, IT Financial management, IT budgeting and planning, and IT service charging processes
• Identify financial opportunities to improve the value driven to the business by IT through routine and proactive analysis
• Maintain and track key metrics that measure how IT is performing both internally and externally
• Develop financial models, process tools, and related analysis as well as the presentation of results
• Support Project Mangers in creating business cases for IT projects and programs
• Proactively lead and execute communications projects that align with, promote and support IT’s core business strategies, initiatives and programs
• Lead content strategy, editorial plans, storytelling and information for internal corporate portal(s
• Guide, recommend and determine the appropriate delivery channel for communications based on audience, content and timing
• Develop messaging for topics including policy, culture, initiatives and other areas of strategic IT significance as directed by executive leaders
• Responsible for developing, managing and executing internal communication strategies and tactics designed to inform, align and engage the workforce at all levels
• Manage brand of Olin IT
• Provide direct and/or indirect development and supervision for up to 5 direct reports
• Manage and motivate staff; review and assess performance, develop and build employee skills, support their professional development and enable employees to optimize their contribution to the department and company
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree* in finance, accounting, business or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
• 5-10 years of experience in financial management; must have prior IT financial management experience
• 5+ years of people management experience including experience managing cross-functional teams
• Experience in strategic communications, strategy development and communication
• Experience in presenting and interacting with C Level Executives
• Approximately 10% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
• EEO – Support Olin’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, visit www.olin.jobs