Business Development Manager Dot Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Business Development
Location: Mt. Sterling-IL, St. Louis (Chesterfield)-MO, or Remote
• Reports to a Director of Business Development with initial reporting to Business Development Manager Trainer.
• Executes work under direction or established procedures 10% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
• Does not supervise others.
The Business Development Manager position is responsible for building and enhancing strong relationships with our suppliers. The responsibilities include managing all financial aspects of our program, communicating and educating all people at the supplier about all aspects of Dot Foods, and ultimately influencing the behavior of the supplier positively towards our program. This individual is the primary source of information about the supplier and responsible for communicating effectively to all internal departments.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with supplier partners, and penetrate key areas such as sales, supply chain, CFO, President and CEO.
• Understand each supplier’s business situation and influence that supplier to maximize volume, net margin and quality.
• Travel with Dot Sales Managers to gain better understanding of our customers’ needs and wants.
• Budgeting volume, gross and net margin for each supplier and achieving these as goals.
• Influence and change behavior at our suppliers to identify Dot Foods as a key critical component to their sales, marketing and supply chain strategies.
• Ongoing communication to all internal departments ongoing regarding all aspects of the supplier.
• Utilizing all the various tools Dot has to market the supplier’s products and selling the benefits of each to the supplier.
• Strong aptitude for learning new concepts. Focus on Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation and Warehousing.
• Presentations to small and large groups on the features and benefits of Dot Foods.
Occasional Work Performed:
• Industry and Trade Show participation.
• Training and participation in Lean teams and work groups.
• 5-8 nights per month travel for off-site meetings and industry events.
• Various projects as required.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; business, finance, supply chain or marketing emphasis preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ successful experience in a sales, supply chain or marketing position, or a minimum of two years’ successful experience with Dot Foods.
• Demonstrated aptitude in computer skills including extensive use and understanding of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated aptitude for very strong selling, negotiating, financial and analytical skills and business writing skills.
• Overnight travel required (5-8 nights per month); ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train to attend meetings and training as needed.
To Apply: to apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
- Use the ‘Careers’ link at the top or bottom of the web page (current Dot/ DTI employees, use the ‘Employee Links’ option at the bottom of the web page.)
- Choose ‘Job Search’ to search for open positions. You can search all jobs or search for a specific position by key word, job field, location or organization.
- On the job search page, you can review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.
- Once you click on the ‘Apply’ link for a specific position, you will set up a user name and password to start the application process.
- On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Job page’ tab, use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
Current Dot/ DTI employees, please note the following:
- To apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the ‘Employee Links’ option at the bottom of the web page.
- If you have an application/ resume in the on-line application system, please make certain it is updated with your most current information before applying to posted positions.
- Current Dot Foods/ Dot Transportation employees must have manager approval and meet minimum job requirements before applying to positions.
This position is open to internal and external candidates. Please contact HR Recruiting/Staffing with questions.