Associate District Sales Manager Dot Foods, Inc.
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri Department: Sales
Your Role: As an associate district sales manager (ADSM), you will absorb company knowledge, understand the food supply chain and enhance professional sales skills. The associate development program length varies based on your current level of experience but is a minimum of six months. Your goal is to be promoted to a Dot Foods district sales manager (DSM).
Your Future Role: DSMs are consultants to our existing 4,000 distributor customer base, traveling and entertaining distributors two to three days a week in their territory. They do not perform any cold calling. DSMs build upon their relationships and solve problems in order to increase the business we do with them.
A Day in the Life of an Associate District Sales Manager
- Shadow current DSMs and other positions including warehouse, transportation, customer service and replenishment to gain first-hand experience
- Participate in group training sessions to learn various DSM techniques and functions
- Engage in multiple role play scenarios to sharpen skills and demonstrate professional growth to management
- Master Dot’s product line offering and other supply chain terminology
- Present on various training topics to other associates
Manufacturer Marketing Campaigns
- Execute marketing campaigns on behalf of manufacturer partners, including many of the most recognizable food brands in the world
- Build relationships and discover new ways to help grow their business through email and phone communication
- Track results, provide analysis and summation of activity, and present on results and next steps to a Dot business development manager and the manufacturer
Qualifications / Requirements
To Land This Job
We Need You to Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent professional communication skills (in person, on the phone, via email, presentation artistry, etc.)
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to receive and implement constructive feedback from the small team of ADSMs
- Open minded, self-starter with inquisitive nature
- Proficient computer skills
- Flexibility to independently travel overnight and without restriction in any mode of transportation
We’d Like You to Have
- 1–3 years sales experience
- Business degree
To Find Out More About Dot: Visit dotfoods.com or check us out on social media.
EOE/AA Employer: We will not discriminate in our employment practices due to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status.