Assistant Vice President, Treasury Data Analytics Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The FRB St. Louis Treasury Division is seeking an experienced data analytics leader who will continue to mature the data analytics function that is tasked with completing robust analytics on federal payment data to identify potential fraud and improper payments. This leader will be responsible for coordinating the activities of a group of data scientists and data analysts in:
- Providing data analytics services to the Treasury client, including trend, pattern, and predictive analyses
- Directing the analysis and modeling of statistical relationships through various methods leveraging various tools.
- Hiring data scientists and leading the data analytics team in formulating, articulating, and prioritizing analytics efforts.
- Reviewing and presenting findings and recommendations related to the analysis and identification of improper payments, including writing well-structured and persuasive end products. These recommendations and reports must be suitable for technical and non-technical audiences and presented to executives in a clear and concise manner.
- Working with IT staff to implement data analytics tools that support the analytics function.
1. Relationship Management: Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with the Treasury official(s) and appropriate Treasury staff overseeing DNP. Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with additional key stakeholders in FRB St. Louis and FRB Kansas City.
2. Leadership and Collaboration: Provide leadership and collaborate with all Federal Reserve districts that are involved in the specific service or project that you are leading on behalf of Treasury. Collaborate with others as needed to address issues and provide support to meet your business line objectives and tactics.
3. Strategic Planning: Working collaboratively with Treasury counterparts, develop long-term goals and short-term objectives that support the Treasury’s data analytics direction and strategies. Develop and update on an annual basis a three-year business and financial plan.
4. Operation and Expertise of the Business Line: Ensure that you and your staff maintain the expertise necessary, including data analytics expertise, to provide high-quality, ongoing support and input to Treasury officials as they set direction for the business. Develop policies and operational practices that enable delivery of business results and ensure the protection of data.
5. Treasury Data Privacy and Personnel Security: Ensure that you and your business line staff follow proper controls for all business line information classified as Treasury Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU), including Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
6. Budgeting: Establish financial plans that meet the on-going business needs and manage the business within the Treasury established budget cap.
7. Reporting: Using the appropriate template, report project and budget status to Treasury and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
8. Performance Monitoring and Metrics Tracking: As appropriate for the business line, establish performance/quality measures that ensure the Treasury’s needs are being met and a high level of customer satisfaction is being maintained.
9. Performance Management: Provide direction, develop and mentor a high-performing team of approximately 15 staff. Accountability includes managing and conducting performance evaluations for 3-4 direct reports who manage the remaining staff.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Possession of or the ability to obtain U.S. Secret Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Advanced degree with a quantitative focus such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science or Predictive Analytics
- 10+ years experience in related field and 8+ years experience managing teams or leading projects
- Strong analytical background, including extensive experience with predictive
- Experience maturing a data analytics function and experience working within or leading a fraud analytics group is preferred
- Strong people leadership and talent management skills including attracting and hiring talent, engagement with staff, and a focus on individual and team development.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A demonstrated track record of innovation and driving business and technology strategy and results in a fast paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Superior level of ownership, follow-through and integrity with a desire to improve upon current service levels and focus on preciseness of final work product.
- Proven ability to interact well with various technical teams, business owners and management at all levels of the organization to successfully deliver on changing business need.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining self-driven, high-performing teams.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate in an articulate, concise manner to a wide range of audiences from Bank users to executives.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Actively listens, understands and values others’ views
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is ranked No.1 as a top workplace for companies with 500 or more employees. The St Louis Post Dispatch rates companies as Top Workplaces based solely on surveys about the workplace completed by their employees. Additionally, the Post recognized The St Louis Federal Reserve for having “Clued-in Senior Management,” defined as having senior managers who “understand what is really happening.”
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.