Assistant Director Student Financial Services Maryville University
The Assistant Director – Student Financial Services will provide in-depth information regarding questions and issues presented in the Student Service Center and provide efficient, accurate, and timely service related to student accounts for a diverse and multicultural population of students, faculty and staff of the University. The Student Service Center encompasses Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Cashier and the Office of the Registrar. The Assistant Director will support the integrated functions of the Student Service Center as they relate to faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and the other members of the Student Service Center Team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Contact students, negotiate repayment schedules and collect delinquent accounts. Serve as a liaison between the student and the third-party vendor and the collection agencies in a manner which maximizes collection
• Prepare, maintain and track delinquent student accounts for both institutional follow-up efforts, and third-party/collection referral
• Manage processes related to student bankruptcies and appropriate tracking, preparation of legal filings, and student account adjustments
• Manage student account refund process, ensuring refunds are issued in a timely manner consistent with regulations included, but not limited to, federal financial aid, VA and PCI regulations
• Assist the Director of Student Accounts with new initiatives and special projects.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• In-depth knowledge base in student accounts
• 1 – 2 years of professional experience in higher education or a related field
• Knowledge of state and federal collection practices
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be empathetic, sensitive and diplomatic when discussing issues with students
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Windows applications, file management, and Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
• Ability to multi-task and work in an open office atmosphere
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• 1 – 2 years of professional experience in financial aid or student accounts
• Experience with Colleague/Ellucian, Salesforce and/or TouchNet
• High comfort level with technology and integrated system-process thinking
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.