Assistant Director of Admissions Maryville University
The Assistant Director of Admissions at Maryville University participates as a member of the recruitment staff in recruiting undergraduate day students in accordance with the University’s mission and vision.
This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment and will perform the following duties:
- Determine and fulfill territory management responsibilities for an assigned territory in a manner which maximizes enrollment.
- Design, implement and evaluate project management responsibilities in support of successful recruitment/marketing plan.
- Counsel and advise students and parents regarding admission, scholarships and financial aid, academic programs, student life, housing and other enrollment-related topics.
- Establish and maintain an informational, active communication system with prospective day undergraduate students, parents and high school and/or community college counselors which enhances the successful attainment of enrollment goals.
- Participate as an active member of the admission team in making appropriate contributions to the development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Read, interpret and evaluate students’ academic credentials to make accurate admission decisions.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel/drive and work varied hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficient in the use of CRM software, Office Suite products, and digital mediums including but not limited to Keynote, PowerPoint, and Prezi and the ability to learn new programs.
- Basic research skills, planning and organizational skills.
- Two years work experience in admissions/enrollment in private schools.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1639