Administrative Assistant – Project Fusion Olin
Olin Corporation is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support the Director of IT Integration, CIO and Project team members as needed. NOTE – This is a 3-year role and will end as of July 31, 2020.
Company Bio: Olin
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Answers phone and takes messages for supervisor and staff
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling travel
- Assists with expense report preparation
- Assists with ordering refreshments and food for lunch meetings or other special gatherings
- Answers non-routine and routine correspondence
- Processes payment authorizations and prepares requisitions as required
- Greets and announces guests and vi si tors; provides parking validation
- Collects and distributes mail
- Orders and maintains supplies for department including printer cartridges, paper, etc.
- Assists with filing and record retention
- Participates in special projects
- Performs other administrative tasks as requested and assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years administrative assistant experience; Experience in marketing or IT organization preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Office software including Outlook calendar and email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently, effectively prioritize and manage workload in a fast paced environment. Must have exceptional follow-through, be detail oriented and able to multi task effectively
- Must be well organized and able to work independently on some projects, but also work as a member of a team
- Ability to navigate between the Olin office building locations in Clayton
- Must be able to work occasional overtime
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and management
- Must be approachable with good interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills