Actuarial Science Faculty Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking a dynamic colleague who demonstrates a commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to teamwork, and to scholarship in Actuarial Science. The candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students. This is a full-time faculty position beginning Fall 2017. Rank and tenure dependent upon education and experience.
Candidates must have or be near completion of a MS or PhD in Actuarial Science or a closely related area. The ideal candidate will be a credentialed member of one of the professional actuarial organizations (preferably the Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society) or be well advanced toward accreditation by the SOA or the CAS. We are interested in candidates whose background will strengthen Maryville’s application to be designated as a Center of Actuarial Excellence (CAE).
Qualifications / Requirements
• Possess or be near completion of a MS or PhD in Actuarial Science or a closely related area or actuarial designation
• Evidence of excellent teaching potential in actuarial science at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Demonstrated evidence of research potential
• Strong commitment to service students, department, university and profession.
• Credentialed member of a professional actuarial organization (SOA or CAS preferred)
• Strong publication record in Actuarial Science
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1672