Academic Systems Specialist Maryville University
The Academic Systems Specialist will support the integrated functions of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Student Service Center as they relate to academic processes and student service. Within the College, the position is a central communication liaison serving students, faculty and the Dean. The Academic Systems Specialist will provide information, direction and support regarding the business and processes of the College. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with faculty leadership within the College of Arts & Sciences in the preparation of each semester’s course schedule and needed course materials with a mindset for process improvement
- Facilitate the letter of appointment process for and communication with adjunct faculty
- Office management including supply orders and maintenance of multiple budgets within the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Collaborate with Student Service Center staff in the development/testing of new systems to increase efficiency of approval and information processes for students, faculty, staff
- Oversee the Dean’s communication and the management of important College documentation such as accreditation, faculty files, contracts, and awards
- Understand the structure of the College of Arts & Sciences and knowledgeably direct inquiries and requests from students and adjunct faculty.
- Facilitate overload contracts for the full-time faculty in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Dean with College events
- Special Projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution or five or more years of experience in higher education administration
- One to two years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in systems or process improvement
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Proficient in Windows applications, file management, Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
- Strong sense of initiative: self-starter
- Budget management knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three to five years of professional experience in higher education
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague/SIS systems
- Experience with Salesforce Communities/CRM systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
- Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.